THRILLVILLE: Will "the Thrill" Viharo's weird, wild world of Pulp Fiction, B Movies, & the Lounge Lizard Lifestyle.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Happy 95th Birthday, Frank Sinatra

 Just wanted to check in and publicly acknowledge the 95th birthday of my spiritual mentor, Frank Sinatra. I vividly recall "receiving" the Rat Pack at one of their final appearances together, in 1988 at the Oakland Coliseum. A seed was planted. Soon thereafter, I was inspired to shake off my self-pitying rags and buy my first sharkskin jacket, and not much later, the book "CAD: A Handbook for Heels," and my future as a hep cat was sealed. Ever since then I've been building up my lounge lizard creds, peaking with my May 31, 2001 wedding to The Tiki Goddess at Frank's joint, the Cal-Neva Resort in North Tahoe, with a Rat Pack/mariachi themed wedding. Without Frank, there'd be no Will the Thrill or Thrillville. He vicariously taught me how to stop whining and enjoy myself. "You gotta love livin', baby, 'cause dyin' in a pain in the ass." A great motto to swing by. Cheers to the Chairman.